Pages


Sunday, August 15, 2010

2010 Early Goose Season


Early goose season is right around the corner. If you're like me you've been ready for early goose opening day since January. Some things I've been thinking about is what to use and where to go. Go to where you know there are birds. Get the flights down, set up where they want to be and let 'em have it. I'm gonna try keep it simple this early season by using poor quality decoys and silhouettes in smaller spreads, very little if any flagging and minimal but realistic calling. I like a quick spit and double clucks. I try not to use every thing I've got on these early residents. Save your best stuff for when it counts. Late November through December I'll break out every thing I've got. I like to shoot a mod to full choke, and perfer 3inch BB shot in black cloud or heavy metal. Good luck and get your limit.

1 comment: